Standing here screaming

Sometimes people annoy me. Other times I am stuck in a really funny situation. All in all, I just got to share it!

Saturday, January 28, 2006

My new blog

Since starting Life with Estee I often experience things that I would like to share but don't because they aren't Estee related. Today I had an epiphany. Why not start a second blog just so I can rant and rave or just tell a story. So, here it is. I will start this blog with something that happened this past Thursday night. My hair has been getting very long. I keep putting off getting a haircut for simple reasons- too expensive, no time, etc.
This week though, I pretty much couldn't take it anymore. My fall was beginning to look all bunchy and not so nice and I decided, enough is enough. I asked Aaron if he would give me a haircut after my shower. Some of you that know me already know that this same exchange took place last April only to end in disaster. Why you ask did I ask him to do this again? Well, this time I was prepared! This time I had a wonderful idea. I slipped on a simple two-tone striped shirt and told Aaron "easy, all you have to do is cut along this line..." (and I pointed to a line that fell at the length I would want.) Halfyway through his cutting I noticed that he was paying more attention to CSI and not enough attention to my hair. I reached back to feel my hair and didn't feel any where I expected it. I moved my hand up a little more and realized it was way shorter that I had wanted. "Aaron!! why is it so short?" I asked.
"You told me to cut along this line..." he said as he pointed to a line 3 up from the one I actually said. "Don't worry," he said confidently,"I'll just cut the other side a little longer. Great!
My hair is not straight so of course, it dried much shorter. I now have uneven very short hair. All I could do was "cry" and say "Now, not only am I fat but now I have ugly hair too!!" He said "Who cares, no one sees it anyway!!" oysh..

8 Comments:

  • At 2:09 AM, Blogger MC Aryeh said…

    Great idea to have a separate blog for non-Estee related posts. Fantastic blog title too. This was a very funny post - I feel bad for laughing, though! In the future, I think you should only let your husband cut your hair when something like Steel Magnolias is on - something he won't want to watch! Looking forward to more posts...

     
  • At 4:50 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    No it's okay to laugh. that's why I wrote about it. In the end, it is funny. No idea how to publicize this new blog though...

     
  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger westbankmama said…

    My husband also cuts my hair - but it sounds like he does a better job!

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    I would never have let him cut it if anyone saw it!

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger oishkapipik said…

    I think the only way that men (who actually haven't gone through any type of training) should cut hair is using the "suck cut." Great gadget that they sell on one of those entertaining 1/2 programs where everyone is paid to look excited over stuid things that nobody would ever want.

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    You mean as see on Tv? Those are my favorite products! I am the person they are selling to because I fall for all their nonsense!

     
  • At 7:17 PM, Blogger Ayelet said…

    Here's my haircut strategy. I figure that the most important thing with my hair is that I want it as short as it can get while still fitting into a ponytail. Since this has to be true when it's dry, I cut my hair while it's dry, since, like you, I too have un-straight hair. I put all my hair in a ponytail at the nape of my neck (it's such a romantic place isn't it?), hold the pony in one hand and the shears in the other, and go to it. It takes a while to saw through the whole ponytail as my hair is very thick, but at the end of the process I have just what I want: a very short pony. Now, don't ask what it looks like when it's not in a pony...

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    my major problem now is since it's so short I can't really put it up with pins but it gets bunchy in a pony and I get an even bigger bump under my fall than I did before! Help!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home