Standing here screaming

Sometimes people annoy me. Other times I am stuck in a really funny situation. All in all, I just got to share it!

Sunday, February 19, 2006

update

Friday morning the surgery was scheduled for 11:30 am. I had to go to work because it was the last day before vacation and I had a very important meeting at 8:30 to discuss the placement for three children. The whole summer program was waiting for my meeting. At 10:30 I couldn't take it anymore. My principal told me to leave and I broke many traffic laws getting to LIJ by 11. I found parking and was by Aaron's side at 11:20. He was in great spirits and we joked about the procedure. When it was time for him to be taken in I wished him well and said "bye, have fun!"
My father in law and I enjoyed a delicious lunch at parker jewish nursing home, which I highly recommend everyone try. (YUM!)
We went back afterwards and waited in the waiting room watching The nanny, and watching our little beeper that they gave us that would light up when we could go see Aaron. At 2:00 his surgeon came out to tell us the surgery was over and went well. He answered all our questions and told us they would beep us when Aaron was awake. At 3:00 we tried to see what was going on and the nurse told Aaron's father that he was in a lot of pain and if we came back we would over stimulate him too much. Finally at 3:15 I couldn't wait around anymore. I had to get home to the babysitter and get things ready for shabbos. I called our Rabbi and asked what we should do if Aaron doesn't get discharged until shabbos and they won't admit him. He said he could take a cab home. At 4:15 Aaron's father got a beep and went in to see him. I got home and my mother took care of the baby so I could shower and put all my food up to warm. 20 minutes before Shabbos started Aaron's father called to say that they cannot get his pain under control. They gave him pain medication 7 times and it isn't working. In addition his blood pressure went up because he was so agitated from the pain. They booked a bed for him and said he had to stay over night because of the pain. I said that I will pack my things and come but the hospital said no because until his blood pressure stablizes, he had to say in ICU and there is no where for me to stay there. Aaron's parents also guaranteed that they would stay with him and be with him off and on throughout shabbos. I quickly packed all of my things and Estee's things and went with my mother to stay there. I went into shabbos not knowing a clue about how Aaron was doing and I was pretty much a nervous wreck the whole time. Last night Aaron came home. He was in a lot of pain and very cranky. He was mad at the hospital, mad about his pain, and therefore mad at me and everyone else. We put him into bed and he woke up this morning in much better spirits. I finally got to shower a few minutes ago because thank G-d both my babies are taking a nap!

4 Comments:

  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger MUST Gum Addict said…

    Glad to hear the surgery went well. Sorry to hear about all of the pain. Hopefully it will fade fast and things will get back to normal...

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger Ayelet said…

    Oh, Gosh. It sounds awful. What a Shabbos you must have had! Refu'ah Sh'leima!

     
  • At 4:36 AM, Blogger Pragmatician said…

    That's awful, why was he in so much pain?
    It's very unusual for pain killers to be so ineffective.
    How are you doing? Can you relax a little?

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Blogger Scraps said…

    Oy, that's terrible. I hope the surgery was successful. He should have a refuah shelaimah b'karov.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home