Standing here screaming

Sometimes people annoy me. Other times I am stuck in a really funny situation. All in all, I just got to share it!

Monday, April 10, 2006

back to square one?

Today is Aaron's birthday. I and my parents and his parents got him the coolest present. (we have one at work. It's so cool. we also got him a million coffees)
Aaron had a follow up Dr's appointment this morning for his foot, then he was going to go to work and then have a physical therapy appointment in the evening. On my way home from work I was speaking with my mother and she said "I can't really talk, but how's Aaron." How's Aaron? what's wrong with Aaron?
"what do you mean?" I asked her. "you mean you don't know?"
Rewind to shabbos......
Over shabbos Aaron kept trying to point out a bump on his foot. "Rebecca this bump is weird, I think they did the surgery wrong." I kept reasuring him that everything was fine and I didn't see a bump.
Fast forward back to today. When the doctor was looking at his ankle he noticed that very bump and sent him to have a sonogram of it. Turns out he has what is called a Pseudo-Aneurysm in his foot. But of course my mother told me it was an aneurysm and I completely broke down. (I have heard many stories where friends husbands have had brain aneurysms in their sleep....scary...) Turns out, what he has is not an aneurysm but has similar features. Don't ask me to remember the explanation but take my word for it.
In between Estee's Dr's appointment that she had today, I was getting phone calls from Aaron and his father giving me updates, basically none, just going for more sonograms. He finally just told me that they have a bed for him at the hospital so they can do the an angiogram first thing in the morning. He is going to come home first, I guess we can celebrate for an hour or two. Poor guy...
When they do the angiogram it is basically to determine where the pseudo-aneurysm is. If it is accessible, they will remove it. If it isn't they will have to call in his ankle surgeons to re-break the bone and re-do that surgery. oy oy oy oy. How can he go through the past two months again??
I know we should be thankful because it could be much worse but let's please hope it will be accessible to them tommorow. Estee really wants to play with her Abba!
Once again, I ask that you please daven for Aharon Gershon ben Freida
thank you.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger Ayelet said…

    Oy. He'll be in my prayers. (So will you)

     
  • At 9:58 PM, Blogger MUST Gum Addict said…

    Same here Rebecca... Aaron will be in our prayers.

    And I'm sure that all of this pain that Aaron and yourself (and Estee) are going through are a kapparah -- and all will be well.

     
  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger MUST Gum Addict said…

    How is Aaron doing?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home