Standing here screaming

Sometimes people annoy me. Other times I am stuck in a really funny situation. All in all, I just got to share it!

Sunday, April 30, 2006

The big bad fly




During havdallah, Aaron and I noticed one of those big fat flys flying around our kitchen. (we started doing havdallah in our tiny little kitchen a couple of weeks ago because the smoke from our candle kept setting off the smoke alarm)While Aaron was making havdallah I kept trying to annoy the fly with the smoke but it wasn't working. After havdallah Aaron attempted to kill the fly with two paper towels, one in each hand. He tried this by closing in on the fly. It was quite funny watching how slowly he would open up the paper towels with a look of anticipation on his face only to find that there was no fly in there and it was still flying around. I was giving him all the encouragement I could by chanting "kill it kill it, die die!"
When the paper towel method did not work, he moved on to the handle from our swiffer duster. When that didn't work he tried the broom. I was laughing so hard because how on earth can you kill a fast moving fly with a broom?
Aaron's father came over a little while later and was able to kill the fly in seconds. He says there's a method. He says flies fly down after being stationary. I guess he's just the master fly killer.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger Ayelet said…

    I wonder if that's really true...weird.

     
  • At 7:30 AM, Blogger MUST Gum Addict said…

    Flies don't last long in my house -- I perfected the technique in camp many years ago (and from watching Mr. Miyagi of course)...

    Only the issue now is that my wife follows my every move because heaven forbid I should leave a smudge of smooshed fly on her clean painted walls....

     
  • At 7:19 AM, Blogger Stacey said…

    Damn fly!! I hate pesky flies and have gotten to be pretty adept with my bright green fly swatter!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home