Standing here screaming

Sometimes people annoy me. Other times I am stuck in a really funny situation. All in all, I just got to share it!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

And, you're a teacher?


Why is it that just because I am a teacher I always have to do and say smart things? Why is it that I can never make an intellectual mistake. Today someone was trying to fit a toy basketball hoop through a doorway bottom side first. The bottom side was much wider than the top and could not fit through the door way. As I walked by I kindly suggested "why don't you put the other side in first?" He clearly pointed out that the bottom part would still have to get in later and wouldn't fit then either. As I was walking away he said "and, you're a teacher..." So? I'm not allowed to have a ditsy moment? Can a speech therapist have a freudian slip or mess up your words accidentally (like affle tappy)? Can a doctor not get a fever? For goodness sakes!!! A couple of weeks ago I was doing an art project with my students that required bandaids. There were not enough bandaids in the school so I ran to the quickie mart on the corner to buy some before the kids came in for the day. They only had the mini packs with 8 each. I told the woman I need enough for 24 kids. I asked the guy next to me "that's 4 packs right? 4x8= 24 right?" he said "I don't know you're the teacher...." Turns out it was 32, but hey do I have to remember ALL my times tables at 8:30 in the morning? It was a simple mistake!! :)

3 Comments:

  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger Kar said…

    Just tell them you teach preschool!!

    Just kidding;-)

     
  • At 4:02 AM, Blogger Pragmatician said…

    Teachers are just humans too.
    But well it makes sense that more is expected from you, after all people entrust thier kids to you:)

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    I teach 3 and 4 year olds. I take great care of them and we do great things. never once has 24/8 come up!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home