Standing here screaming

Sometimes people annoy me. Other times I am stuck in a really funny situation. All in all, I just got to share it!

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Good bye dear friend

This coming Tuesday I will sadly be saying good bye to a dear friend. I have known this friend since 1996. I have been through so much with this friend. I shared many meals, my first driving experiences, my pregnancy and many long trips and late nights with this friend. Tuesday will be a sad day indeed. I am not so good at goodbyes. Usually I just say "see you later.." so that I don't cry. I am not even quite sure where my good friend is going. All I know is that a new friend will be taking it's place. On Tuesday I will be trading my good friend 96 ford taurus in for a 2006 model. It will be a bittersweet day. Happy to get a new car. Sad to lose my old friend.
This is the car I learned how to drive in, this is the car I had my first car accident in, this is the car that took me everywhere and was loyal to me the whole way through. This is the car that took me to my destinations safetly throughout my pregnancy. This is the car that drove my daugther home from the hospital. This is the car I love. Goodbye my car, goodbye my old friend!

8 Comments:

  • At 10:00 PM, Blogger Kar said…

    It was the first car I ever drove in, too!!
    I didn't know you were getting a new car! Titchadshi!

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    Be sha´a tova! and don´t forget to take a picture of your old car!!!!

     
  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger FrumWithQuestions said…

    its just a car. who cares.

     
  • At 12:49 AM, Blogger Jack's Shack said…

    Enjoy the new car.

     
  • At 1:17 AM, Blogger MC Aryeh said…

    I gave up my first car when I moved to Israel for four years. It was on its last legs anyway, but, boy was it hard to give up. Amazing how attached we get. I agree with Mia - take a picture - and enjpy the new car!

     
  • At 6:39 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    I have to empty it out today..bleh
    anyone feel like helping?

     
  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger Stam said…

    Wow, that's the hardest!!!

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger Stacey said…

    I know the feeling. I put 200,000 miles on the first car I ever bought new (it was an awesome Toyota) and I felt so sad and sentimental when I traded it in for the Honda Odyssey I currently drive. But oh, how I love my Odyssey.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home