Standing here screaming

Sometimes people annoy me. Other times I am stuck in a really funny situation. All in all, I just got to share it!

Monday, August 21, 2006

This may be illegal

I am not sure of the official rules of a meme. I tend to make up rules as I go along anyway so therefore I have now officially tagged myself with the book meme. I enjoyed mcaryeh's so much that I just couldn't resist.

1. One book that changed your life?
This may sound a little corny but the Torah because a big life change was becoming more religious. Also, I'd say the journal I kept in poland because Poland was really the place that changed my life in that way.

2. One book you have read more than once?
I have read many books more than once. Sometimes if I want to read but have nothing new around I will read books I already own. But books I have read more than once by choice would have to be all of The Harry Potter books. Every time I read a new analysis of the plot I am compelled to read the book again just to see how the analysis fits. I also always re-read the book right before the movie comes out. Other books I have read over and over are Naomi Ragen's books- Jephte's Daughter, Sacrifice of Tamar, and Sotah. Also, Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson. He is my favorite author but this is the only book by him that is different from all the rest and makes me bawl every time.
3. One book you would want on a desert island?
Any far side book because I can read them over and over and still laugh out loud at the jokes.
4. One book that made you laugh?
"Bridget Jones' Diary" by Helen Fielding. Any of the Far side galleries. And Jay Lenos biography all made me laugh out loud. Also, any of Janet Evanovitch's books crack me up.
5. One book that made you cry?
Suzzane's diary for Nicholas by James Patterson, The last two Harry Potter books and now being that I am quite more emotional after having children, any book where a child is hurt or dies I cry a lot. Also there is a book, and I cannot remember the name. It is a true story and written from the point of view of a boy who is abused by his mother.
6. One book you wish had been written?
How to take off the baby weight without doing any work.

7. One book you wish had never been written?
Mein Kampf by Hitler


8. One book you are currently reading?
Tending Roses by Lisa Wingate

9. One book you've been meaning to read?
She's come undone by Wally Lamb
See the problem is, unless highly recommended, I usually read the same few authors because I know they are good. It is very hard for me to remember names and authors of other books but the books I stick with are James Patterson, Jonathan Kellerman, Faye Kellerman, Sandra Brown (for my light reading), Nora Roberts, Janet Evanovitch.
So I have been meaning to read a lot of books. Gotta broaden my horizons a bit.

10. Now tag 5 people:
Stacey,
MM
Ayelet,
Frum with questions, and Jewcess

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home