Standing here screaming

Sometimes people annoy me. Other times I am stuck in a really funny situation. All in all, I just got to share it!

Thursday, October 12, 2006

American idol part 2

Back at the beginning of this blog I revealed some skeletons in my closet in regards to American Idol. I love singing. I am not a good judge on whether I'm any good but who cares, I love it.
Last week I was walking into the office in school when I saw a sign on the bulletin board with the heading "American Idol....." Being that I love this show, I went to see what the sign was all about. Basically, all the schools in my agency are having an agency wide american idol talent competition. Wow. For a moment I thought of doing it. I wish I could. It is so hard when you are torn between something you really want to do and the standards in your religion. I was just curious if anyone else has an an experience wherein they had to pass up an opportunity for something they really wanted because of religion.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger Stacey said…

    That's a tough one. I am not frum, so I would have done it (if I had a decent voice, which I don't)!

    I admire your dedication to your values.

     
  • At 9:55 PM, Blogger ~ Sarah ~ said…

    i was offered an amazing job but then actually got rejected when i told them about my committment to shabbat and chagim, their grounds being that i did not fulfil the requirement of being available for overtime. i realised after that i wouldn't have taken it anyway. not a fun experience.

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger Fo Fee said…

    I would be a model.

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger Chronic Schmonic said…

    Sarah: Is that even legal?

     
  • At 11:43 PM, Blogger Nancy said…

    Yeah, your question is tough to answer. So many strange things happen because of our religion and convictions.

    Keep sharing.

    This is Nancy from Israeli Uncensored News

     

Post a Comment

<< Home